It’s Carnival or Mardi Gras today! Unfortunately that does not mean funny costumes for me… although I really think they should introduce that into working life as well. Why let the kids have all the fun?
But we adults have the ability to make food! Or at least some of us 😉 And that’s exactly what I did 🙂 I used my favorite source in the world – Pinterest – and found the perfect kind of cupcakes for Mardi Gras: Funfetti Cupcakes! You know, the ones with the colourful dots inside the cake. But I guess I didn’t use the right ingredient or not enough of it because there are no colourful dots to be found in my cupcakes 😦 Oh well, next time 🙂
Although the colourful dots were missing, it was still super delicious and fun to look at!
What we need:
- 220 g butter
- 220 g self-raising flour
- 220 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- +- 120 g powder sugar
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 500 g mascarpone
- cupcake wrappers
- edible confetti
- piping bag + piping tip
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix until the batter becomes smooth.
- Sift the flour and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add a bunch of confetti and blend well.
- Place the cupcake wrappers in the mold. Fill them for 3/4th with batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Whip up the cream and set aside.
- Mix mascarpone and powder sugar.
- Gently blend in the whipped cream, using a spatula.
- Put a piping tip in the piping bag and fill the bag with frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes and add as much sprinkles as you like 🙂
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: