I had the honor to be invited to Elckerlijc, the restaurant of Peter De Clerq, last night. For those of you who don’t know him, he’s the BBQ Master of Belgium 😉 I thank him, Braun and Lewis PR for the wonderful evening they had planned for us.
Knowing Peter is the King of BBQ, you must know what I’m about to share today, aren’t you? Of course you do. You’ve probably read the title of this blogpost :p
Apple Crumble on the BBQ. An idea I would have never came up with on my own. When I
think thought about dessert on the BBQ, I thought of pineapple and banana. But this is far better! Finish it off with some vanilla ice cream and you’ll find yourself in heaven.
I’m actually super excited to share this recipe with you. I’m excited to share anything again with you to be honest. I know I sometimes don’t post twice a week. Just because I don’t feel like it. But last week wasn’t planned. I’m sensing frowned faces? The Boyfriend and I went house sitting at a friends’ house. It was a lot of fun. Especially given the fact that they have a pool… But they didn’t have a great internet connection. Can you believe it? It was relaxing to be honest. But that – of course – meant no blogging or socials.
Oh well. I enjoyed my ‘week off’ and I’m ready to go all in again 😉
I apologize for the pictures because my phone does not do well when there’s not enough light… I think I’ll need to save some money for a new camera. Suggestions are always welcome.
What we need for this delicious Apple Crumble (serves people):
- 4 green apples
- 4 red apples
- 100g pecan nuts (I chopped them in a Braun foodprocessor)
- Crumble (using a foodprocessor)
- 90g flour
- 65g powdered sugar
- 75g salted butter
- lemon zest
- lime zest
- 2 dl water
- 200g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- shot of Calvados
- Vanilla ice cream
- Large heat-proof plate
- Butter the plate
- Cut the apples in pieces of +- 2 x 2 cm
- Put them in the buttered plate
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the apples
- Put the ingredients for the sauce in a casserole and put on the stove. Do not stir. Just let it boil for a while
- When the sauce is ready, add the Calvados
- Mix the ingredients for the crumble together with your hands
- Poor the sauce over the apples
- Divide the crumble on top of it
- Put the plate on the BBQ with closed cover for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Yumm! I can still taste it if I close m eyes ^^
In case you’re wondering what BBQ to use, I have some good news for you. It doesn’t matter what kind of BBQ you use (gas, ceramic or charcoal), they all give the same taste. It’s the herbs etc you use that make the difference. Peter has shown us many different types of herbs and woods he uses for his meals and I must say it all smelled amazing!
I hope you will enjoy BBQ season and perhaps this yummy Apple Crumble. If you do, tag me in your pictures so I can see your lovely creations 🙂
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: