Before reading on, you must know this is by far THE.BEST.RECIPE.EVER! 😮 No kidding! These Oreo Cream Puffs are so delicious you will wonder how you’ve been able to live without them all your life. I mean it. I do.
You probably know how I usually don’t like the ‘instant’ baking products such as baking mixes because everything homemade is just much better? Well, I’ve changed my mind! Recently I received some products from Dr. Oetker for World Baking Day. They have this pastry cream which is awesome! It tastes just like the homemade one and it is much easier. Why using pastry cream in a bag? Because somehow I never seem to get the perfect pastry cream. I get scared whenever I have to use the stove because that usually doesn’t end the way I wanted it to be. That’s why this pastry cream from Dr. Oetker is the perfect alternative! I’m sure I’ll be using it some more 🙂
Aaand that pastry cream made it possible for me to make the perfect Oreo Cream Puffs! So good. (YES, it does look a little like poo. Just look past that. I can’t help Oreo’s being black…)
What we need (+- 20 cream puffs):
- 2 bags of Dr. Oetker pastry cream or homemade one
- 800 ml water
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 120 g butter
- 65 g cup flour
- 4 eggs
- Put the Dr.Oetker pastry cream powder in a bowl and add the milk.
- Stir until it combines and chill it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Take the Oreo cookies and separate the filling from the cookies.
- Crunch the cookies.
- Take out of the fridge and stir until it becomes a smooth pastry cream.
- Add the filling of the Oreo’s to the pastry cream and stir until combind. Set aside.
- Boil the water with the butter in a pan. I used a big saucepan.
- Add the flour.
- Add 3/4th of the crunched cookies and stir them through the batter.
- Add the eggs on at a time and make it all combine.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- Place parchment paper on a baking plate and pipe little cream puffs, or poo’s in my case 😉
- Bake them for about 20 minutes.
- Make little holes in the bottom of the cream puffs and fill them with cream.
- Melt some chocolate and dip the cream puffs in it.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumbs.
Yumm! My colleagues loved them and one of them even said it was the best Cream Puff he ever had. *Blush blush* ^^
Have a delicious day ❤
Follow me on: