It’s the 21st of July today which is Belgiums National Holiday! Hooray!
I’ve been thinking long and hard about what to make because I don’t want to make the same things year after year. I’ve made a Belgian Flag Cake and some Brussels Waffles before. This year won’t necessarilly be about the colours of our flag or a famous Belgian dessert. This year’s National Holiday recipe will be about the Crown. That’s right. Belgium still has a king and a queen. They don’t have that much power anymore but I actually like the fact that we still have a royal family. It’s charming.
So to celebrate the 21st of July and therefore also our royal family: Oreo Crown Pavlova with strawberries.
What we need:
- 4 egg whites
- 190 g caster Sugar
- 1,5 tsp cornflower (maizena)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 roll of crumbled oreos = +- 70 g (I like to use a small food processor to get the best result. The Braun Multiquick 9 works perfectly but you can use any type of brand/machine you like)
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 2 sticks of PureVia (same as canderel of any other sweetener)
- Ice cream scoop
- Baking sheet lined with parshment paper
- Preheat the oven at 135°C
- Add the cornflower to the sugar and blend well
- Put the egg whites and vinegar in the mixer and whip on medium low speed
- Once bubbles are starting to form, go to a high speed
- Let it whip until the merengue becomes quite white and foamy
- Add the sugar to the merengue 1 spoon at a time whilst whipping (this to prevent the air from dissapearing)
- Keep it going until all the sugar is dissolved (you can check this by rubbing a tiny bit between your fingers. No grains? Perfect!)
- Take some merengue (just a tiny tiny bit) and make some dots on the baking sheet. Put the parshment paper on top and flatten it down. This will make it stick.
- Toss the Oreo crumbs in the mixer but don’t mix.
- Take your ice cream scoop and just start scooping merengue and Oreo and transfer them to the baking sheet
- Make a small dip in the pavlovas to fill with cream later on
- Bake for about 1 hour
- Let them cool completely
- Put the PureVia and cream in a bowling and whip it to a smooth whipped cream
- Top every merengue with cream
- Cut the strawberries in 8 and put them on top of the cream. Take apart so it looks like a little crown
- Sprinkle with Oreo crumbs
- Share and enjoy!
I hope you guys like these mini Oreo Crown Pavlovas for the 21st of July 😊
Have a delicious day ❤
I’m sharing a fantastic dessert from The Boyfriend today. On Wednesday, I tried to make a Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. I failed. Massively. The Boyfriend felt so bad for me, he made this divine Chocolate Cheesecake! That’s what I call true love. Especially because The Boyfriend has nothing with desserts. He did it just for me ❤
It’s official! Summer is here 😀 We’ve been waiting for her ever since Winter left the country (did she?) and now she’s here to stay. She has been paying us surprise visits on the weekends but I hope she has a lot planned for us this year.
To celebrate Summer, I have three fantastic No Bake Cheesecake Recipes for you that are super easy to make, perfect on a hot Summer’s day and everyone will love at least one of them. I for one like them all. Of course…
#1: Oreo Cheesecake
Before reading on, you must know this is by far THE.BEST.RECIPE.EVER! 😮 No kidding! These Oreo Cream Puffs are so delicious you will wonder how you’ve been able to live without them all your life. I mean it. I do.
You probably know how I usually don’t like the ‘instant’ baking products such as baking mixes because everything homemade is just much better? Well, I’ve changed my mind! Recently I received some products from Dr. Oetker for World Baking Day. They have this pastry cream which is awesome! It tastes just like the homemade one and it is much easier. Why using pastry cream in a bag? Because somehow I never seem to get the perfect pastry cream. I get scared whenever I have to use the stove because that usually doesn’t end the way I wanted it to be. That’s why this pastry cream from Dr. Oetker is the perfect alternative! I’m sure I’ll be using it some more 🙂
Aaand that pastry cream made it possible for me to make the perfect Oreo Cream Puffs! So good. (YES, it does look a little like poo. Just look past that. I can’t help Oreo’s being black…)
You know how much I LOVE Oreo’s. So when my blogging friend Myriam told me she had this awesome Oreo Coffee Ice Cream recipe, without ice maker, I just had to try it! (yes, I took out the coffee) If it wasn’t to share with you guys, it was to make and eat it myself 😀 Done within minutes, 12 hours in the freezer and BAM! Done! It is perfectly ready to scoop when it comes out of the freezer which is awesome because most ice creams aren’t. And I’m not the most patience person when it comes to my desserts… 😉
I’m not kidding, I could seriously live on planet Oreo. If it would ever exist.
Soooo deciding to make a super easy and super yummy Oreo Ice Cream recipe was an easy fix. I know you’ll love this recipe!
I told you I’m in my Cupcake period, right 🙂 These Oreo Cupcakes are so good, you’ll want it before, during and after Easter 😉 The best part of this Cupcake probably is the Oreo/Milka chocolate egg on top. It’s soooo good!
The recipe I’ve got for you today is not just good. It’s awesome!
Delicious and a little bit decadent. Just the way we like it 😉
Oh and super easy too!
I was scrolling up and down Pinterest because I really really wanted to
bake make something. You know that feeling? I only had two eggs so a cake was not possible. Hmmm… There it was! I saw this gorgeous, delicious and slightly decadent tart from Home Cooking Adventure. I was sold. And I didn’t even need eggs! Although I did have to go to the store xD
Sadly, Christmas is over. You’re probably just getting over that indigestion, aren’t you :p Hurry up because New Year is right around the corner! And that mostly means: more eating & drinking! Hooray!
Since 2015 is almost at its end, I thought it’d be a good time to share with you your 9 favorite blogposts from the past year here on Sarah’s Little Kitchen 🙂
We’ll start from number 9 to the winning number 1. Let’s see what you guys loved most.
#9: Raspberry Brownies
#8: Nutella Brownies
#7: Chunky Monkey Brownies
#6: Canelés de Bordeaux
#5: Spicy Chai Latté Brownies
#4: Speculoos Blondies
#3: Nerdy Nummies Chocolate Chip Cookies
#2: Oreo Cupcakes
#1: Oreo Cheesecake
Djeez guys! I had no idea you loved brownies so much 😮 Well, obviously you like them but I’d never thought almost every brownie recipe I’ve made would end up in the Best 9 Of 2015 xD And of course, nothing can beat Oreo’s! 😀
My personal favorite: these yummy Nutella Cupcakes I made for my Dad’s birthday 🙂
I hope you had a great 2015 and may 2016 be even better! Happy New Year!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on:
Why did it took me so long to make these delicious Cupcakes? I have NO idea!
Really, I don’t.
So I’m not planning on keeping these lovely babies away from you. Isn’t that sweet 😉
And yes, they carry a lot of calories with them, just the way we like it!
What we need for 10 cupcakes:
- 29 Oreo’s
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 150 g sugar
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 75 ml milk
- 50 ml hot water
- 250 ml whipping cream (>35%)
- 10 cupcake wrappers
- cupcake baking tin
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees centigrade.
- Put the wrappers in the baking tin. Place 1 Oreo in each cupcake wrapper.
- Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together the egg and the milk.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the water to the batter.
- Fill the cupcake wrappers for 3/4.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes.
- If you hear the ‘ping’, the cupcakes are done 😉 Use a sharp knife to check if they’re really ready.
Let’s make our frosting while waiting until the Oreo Cupcakes cool.
- Crush +- 9 Oreo’s
- Whip the whipping cream.
- Gently mix in the crushed Oreo’s.
- Put the frosting on our cooled Cupcakes. You can use a piping bag or just a spatula to make little heaps on top of them.
Enjoy these delicious Oreo Cupcakes!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on:
Long time since I’ve given you something sweet, isn’t it?
But the waiting was totally worth it because today I’m sharing this delicious Oreo Cheesecake with you! 😀