I wanted to post this yummy Victoria Sandwich last week but the weather has been so depressing. Not really the weather you would imagine when making the perfect picknick dessert.
So I’m sharing it with you today! Admit it. It is the perfect time of the year for a picknick and a casual, easy but delicious Strawberry dessert!
Never heard of a Victoria Sandwich before? It’s a yummy vanilla cake with strawberry jam, whipped cream and fresh strawberries. I believe it is most popular in England. I do hope to have one over there some day because the traditional English ones must be perfect.
I would love to have a picknick with Donal Skehan because his Victoria Sandwich looked absolutely gorgeous!
What we need:
- 225 g soft, unsalted butter
- 225 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 225 g self-raising flour
- strawberry jam
- 250 ml cream (<35% fat)
- some powdered sugar to sweeten the cream
- fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar to sprinkle
- 2 springform tins
- Preheat the oven at 170°C
- Mix together butter and sugar until combined
- Add the eggs and mix well
- Fold the flour in the mixture using a spatula
- Divide the batter over two springform tins
- Bake for about 20 minutes
- Let the cakes cool down completely before assembling
- Whip the cream and add some powdered sugar to sweeten it a bit (not too much)
- Spread some strawberry jam on 1 of the cakes
- Add whipped cream
- Put the other cake on top
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top
I hope you guys will enjoy this Victoria Sponge!
Have a delicious day ❤