I’m sorry forgot posting a Christmas recipe last Tuesday. It’s not that I didn’t want to or didn’t try. I was making these awesome Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Tuesday night at around 10 pm. I had hoped to finish them in time to post them before midnight but my oven had other plans…
Everything went well until I put the first batch in the oven. After just a few minutes I started to smell something weird. My first thought was: “Djeez these cookies smell bad, my god!” You know something’s really wrong when there’s smoke coming out of the oven!
NO PANIC! I had it all under control. Except for that awfull burned smell that lived in our appartment for two days…
But the second time went perfectly well as you can tell by these yummy Crinkle Cookies 🙂
Store the cookies in an airtight container. If you don’t, the cookies will become soft and they’ll taste more like cake than cookie xD It becomes a cake-cookie :p Tastes great too.
I was lucky to try a cookie before going to bed. It was crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. Just the way they are supposed to be.
I had put them in a box and left them on the table when I went to bed. You never guess what I saw when I woke up: the cookie box had been opened!
I secretly think the boyfriend has something to do with it. He may have stolen a cookie when he got home from his boys night out or he might have just looked inside to see what I made. Either way, he forgot to close the box and left his marks! Busted! 😉
What do we need:
- 390 g self-raising flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 180 g butter
- 160 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons red food coloring
- 130 g powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- baking paper
- Put the flour, cocoa powder and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugar until the sugar is absorbed by the butter.
- Add 1 egg at a time and mix until smooth.
- Add the food coloring.
- Add the other ingredients you had set aside in the bowl and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Put the dough in a bowl, wrap it with foil and put in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Butter your hands and make small balls of dough.
- Put the powdered sugar in a bowl and roll every ball in the sugar. One at a time.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: