I love Game of Thrones. I haven’t seen the entire series yet, nor have I finished all the books. But god I love that story! It’s not good for my heart though. I can see why people invented anger management xD That Cersei and her @@:/&*!!@@!! son Joffrey can get me soooooooo angry. It makes my blood boil. So congrats to George R.R. Martin for writing so well 😉
When I saw Rosanna Pansino’s recipe for Sansa’s Lemon Cakes, I knew I had to make them myself. Not only because they look super cute but because I have actually always wanted to make something from series or movies. And that’s exactly what Rosanna does in her Nerdy Nummies series on YouTube! Perfect 😉
What we need for 6 Lemon Cakes:
- 160 g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- little bit of salt
- 40 g sour cream
- 120 g melted, cooled butter
- 100 g sugar
First we make the lemons. This has to be done 24 hours before you start baking.
- Take a medium saucepan and add the sugar and the water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Slice your lemons in 6 (or a bit more to have some spare ones) slices.
- Cook the lemon slices for 8 minutes on medium high.
- Take a baking tray and put a piece of parshment paper on it.
- Put the lemon slices on the paper and let them dry for 24 hours.
Let’s get baking!
- Preheat the oven at 160°C.
- Mix together sugar and eggs.
- Add the sour cream.
- Add the zest and juice of a lemon to the mixture and give it a good mix.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour over the batter and mix until combined.
- Add the melted, but cooled, butter and give it a last mix.
- Take your cupcake molds and spray them with the Dr. Oetker baking spray.
- Place a slice of lemon in each mold.
- Fill the molds with the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
When life give you lemons, make Sansa’s Lemon Cakes! They are super yummy. Fresh and 100% lemon. Ideal for lemon lovers 😉
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: