I’m back after a great holiday in Crete last week. We’ve seen some beautiful things and ate some very yummy foods (think Moussaka, Souvlaki and seafood) 🙂
Our hotel had a pool bar where a very good cocktails were served. And also a Cretan Herbal Ice Tea. I asked the ingredients because I really wanted to make this Homemade Ice Tea myself back home 🙂 It’s very easy to make and the perfect non alcoholic drink to serve on a hot day in September 😉
Ingredients for 1 mug of homemade Ice Tea:
- a mug
- ice cubes
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 lemon
- 2 glasses of regular tea (the colour and taste will depend on what kind of black tea you choose)
- 2 straws
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Make your tea.
- Add the honey to the tea and stir until it’s absorbed.
- Let it cool. You can speed this up by putting it in the fridge.
- Fill the mug with ice cubes.
- Strain the lemon juice over the mug.
- Add the tea.
- Slice the lemon. Put the sliced in the mug and keep one for decoration.
- Place the straws in the mug and serve!
I love this Ice Tea. It’s sweet, thanks to the honey, but the lemon juice balances it out perfectly. As I said,the perfect drink on a hot day 🙂
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: