I’ve shared a lot of Cupcakes with you over the past few years, but I never really focused on the frostings. Too bad because those often “make” the Cupcakes 😉 Frosting is what makes the Cupcakes look pretty, what makes them wanting you to take one more and what can save a slightly dry Cupcake.
So I thought it would be worth sharing my favorite frosting recipe: Nutella frosting.
Perfect on vanilla cupcakes, but even better on chocolate ones to have that full chocolate flavor. Warning: only for the real chocoholic 😉
But it’s not just the taste that makes this frosting so perfect. It also has the best texture to pipe roses on a cupcake. (see the picture above) Soft and yummy. That’s what makes the perfect frosting!
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 150 g powder sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar (= 1 bag)
- 100 g Nutella
- pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate by putting the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat until melted.
- Mix together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla sugar and salt.
- Add the Nutella and the chocolate.
- Mix until the frosting is soft and smooth.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: