This delicious treat is a creation from The Boyfriend. I wanted to make a variation on my favorite pie, the Banoffee Pie, and he joined me in the kitchen to make something really yummy. It’s simple, yet elegant and oh so delicious!
Oh, you’re wondering why part of this recipe is called “Stephane’s Funky Jar”? Because it is his recipe and he could pick a name for it 🙂 AND because this recipe was first made in a jar and then in some sort of Panna Cotta size 😉
What we need for 12 Banana Cotta’s or 6 Funky Jars:
- 250 g mascarpone / cream cheese
- 100 ml
- 2 banana’s
- Speculoos crumbs
- 2 vanilla pods
- caramel sauce
- 4 gelatine leafs
- powder sugar
- panna cotta molds or cupcake molds for Banana Cotta or jam jars for Stephane’s Funky Jar
- Beat the mascarpone soft.
- Heat the cream.
- Scrape out the vanilla pods and add the seeds and the pods in the cream.
- Soak the gelatine leafs in cold water.
- Once the cream is hot (NOT cooked), squeeze the gelatine and add it to the cream.
- Stir until the gelatine is absorbed.
- Take out the vanilla pods.
- Add the cream mixture to the mascarpone and mix well.
- Add some powder sugar by taste.
- Slice the banana’s.
For Stephane’s Funky Jar:
- Make a layer of Speculoos crumbs on the bottom of the jar.
- Place 4 slices of banana on top of the speculoos crumbs.
- Poor the mixture you made on top. Make it as thick as you like but I recommend to not make it too thick.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Once your mixture has a vast texture, you can finish Stephane’s Funky Jar with some more Speculoos crumbs and caramel sauce.
For Banana Cotta:
- Place 4 slices of banana on the bottom of the molds.
- Poor the mixture over them until the molds are 3/4th full. Don’t worry if the banana slices are dancing around, it’s normal.
- Set aside in the fridge until they have that panna cotta texture.
- Take the Banana Cotta’s out of the molds. Can’t get them out? Freezing might help them pop out more easily.
- Sprinkle Speculoos crumbs on your Banana Cotta.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over it and you’re ready to serve this yummy treat!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: