You know those days where you want chocolate, but not all chocolate. You also want cake. But not just cake. You basically want chocolate in a different texture. Sunday was that kind of day. But no worries, I’ve got you covered! This Brownie Vanilla Cake is the best of both worlds! It’s got that chocolate flavour and the soft texture of a cake. It’s the perfect combo for those kind of days 😉
What we need:
- square baking pan
- parshment paper
- 240 g butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 200 g sugar
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
65 g self-raising flour
- 250 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Place the parshment paper in the baking pan.
First we’re making the brownie bottom.
- Melt both chocolate and butter in a bowl.
- Add the sugar and the cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and stir again.
- Sift the flour and mix it all together.
- Poor the brownie batter in the baking pan. Tap and make sure it’s spread evenly and in the corners.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Now we’re making the vanilla cake.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until fully combined.
- Add the eggs.
- Sift the flour and mix until it’s a smooth batter.
- Ping! The brownie is ready.
- Quickly put the cake batter on top.
- Bake for another 45 minutes.
- Check with a sharp knife or toothpick. If it comes out clean, your Brownie Cake is ready to be eaten! Yay!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: