Remember what I told you about fruit pies? Today I want to bring you another one: Kiwi Pie! I made mini versions 🙂
I’m taking them to my friends at Fiesta Friday.
And I’m also taking them to Foodie Fridays! So excited to join a new link party! Maybe I’ll see you there?
I don’t know about you guys, but I love kiwi. It’s green, exotic and delicious!
Let me tell you some of the advantages of kiwi. There are 7 good reasons to eat a kiwi each day:
- Monday: Full of vitamin C
- Tuesday: Good for our digestion
- Wednesday: Very low in calories (Hello there Victoria Secret model body!)
- Thursday: full of antioxidants
- Friday: low glycemic index
- Saterday: source of folic acid
- Sunday: it is just so delicious!
Let’s get baking!
What do we need:
- 1 puff pastry
- 0,5 L milk
- 2 eggs + 3 egg yolks
- 2 spoons of vanilla sugar
- 70 g sugar
- 30 g flour
- baking tin
Preheat the oven at 200°C.
Roll out the puff pastry. Cut circles to put in the baking tin. Cover the puff pastry with dried beans or something else you use to prevent the dough from rising.
Bake the puff pastry in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
Then remove the beans and bake the dough for another 10 minutes.
Cook the milk in a saucepan.
Mix the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla sugar together until it becomes a creamy mixture.
Poor in a little bit of the milk while stirring. Add the rest of the milk.
Put this cream back in the saucepan and let it thicken on a low fire.
Make sure everything is cooled.
Cut the kiwi’s.
Put the cream on top of the dough and add the kiwi on top of it.
You can cover the little pies with some jam if you want.
- Try to cut the puff pastry a bit bigger than supposed to because it’ll shrink a bit in the oven.
- Make sure the cream dooesn’t cook because then it will shunt.
I hope you all enjoy my mini kiwi pies and have a lovely Fiesta Friday!
Have a delicious day ❤