Last week, I made some Brownies for my colleagues at work. One of them asked me if I had ever made them with nuts since he likes it so much. Negative. I have never ever made anything with nuts before. Except for almond flour but that doesn’t count. So, nuts huh? Challenge accepted! I must say they looked pretty damn good when I took them out of the oven.
First time ever using nuts, I think I may have exaggerated a little on the nutty intentions… But it was supposed to be nutty, so I think I definitely nailed that one xD
Okay, the moment of truth. Will my colleagues like them? Will that one colleague who kindly suggested them, like them? Positive! I don’t know if it was just “we’re all hungry” day or if the nuts really appealed to them but every single one of my colleagues wanted one. That has never happened before. The “ooooohs” and “yummmms” spoke louder than anything else in the following minutes. Challenge accepted & 100% succeeded! They absolutely loved these nutty brownies. I like to call them the Brownies that went nuts 😉
Will you please people by making these? I think that’s an understatement. One of my sweet co-workers said, and I quote, “This is the best Brownie I’ve ever had!”. Another one said it was the perfect breakfast. The others just munched on them in a complete moment of satisfaction.
What we need for +- 20 servings:
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 250 g dark brown sugar (Candico)
- 3 eggs
- 250 g hazelnuts
- 80 g self-raising flour
- squared baking tin
- parshment paper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave proof bowl
- Mix together sugar and eggs until combined
- Add the melted butter-chocolate mixture (make sure the chocolate is completely melted)
- Add the flour and mix until everything is well combined
- Chop some nuts and add the to the batter
- Place a sheet of parshment paper in the baking tin
- Poor in the batter and spread evenly over the baking tin
- Chop some more nuts and sprinkle them over the batter. You can sprinkle as many nuts as you like. I covered the whole surface with them.
- Bake for about 35 minutes
- Check with a sharp knife. If it comes out clean, it’s ready!
- Let the Brownies cool down before cutting them
And? Did you go nuts on these?
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: