I’m beyond excited for today’s blogpost. It’s almost Christmas and these Polar Bear Cookies are the cutest cookies I’ve ever made AND perfect for Christmas 😀 I know, you thought my Little Speculoos Men were cute but these Polar Bears take “cute” to a whole new level! I’m actually pretty proud of the result.
Would I ever come up with these Polar Bears myself? Nope. A while ago, I came across this YouTube channel: Zoes Fancy Cakes. She makes the most amazing cakes and cookies and also these Polar Bear Cookies 🙂 You really have to check it out. It’s incredible what she can make. Especially the figure cakes. Unbelievable.
What we need:
- round cookies (I used Butter Cookies)
- balling tool
- round cookie cutter, the same size as your cookies
- blue marzipan or fondant
- white fondant
- black fondant
- edible red or pink color dust
- fine brush
- Bake your cookies and let them cool completely
- Cut out blue rounds of marzipan or fondant and place them on the cookies
- Cut out white circles and cut them in half or 3/4th with the cutter to make the bear. You can choose how big you want your Polar Bear to be
- Roll 2 little balls of white fondant for the ears and 3 tiny ones for the snowflakes in the sky. If you want, you can roll 2 more tiny ones for the reflections in the Polar Bear’s eyes.
- Take your balling tool and gently push in the ears and where the eyes need to be. I positioned the eyes above the nose whereas Zoe placed them almost next to each other
- Take a fine brush and add a little color dust to the ears
- Roll 2 little balls of black fondant for the eyes. Place them in the holes you made
- For the nose, roll a little ball of black fondant and push down a bit. You can shape it a little triangular so it looks like a real bear nose
I’m in love with these cookies. I don’t think I can eat them :o!
This is Zoes video, which makes the how to a lot easier 😉
Have a delicious day ❤
& Merry Christmas!
Find me on: