As we’re approaching December, many people have begun their Christmas preppings. I won’t make any real Christmas recipes until the first of December, but these yummy Butter Cookies might be part of our Christmas celebration.
They are easy to make, delicious with a cup of coffee or tea and perfect for royal icing decorations! I’m still practicing my cookie decorating skills so I won’t be able to show you awesome looking cookies. But I can show you the cookies themselves, which are the true stars in this show 😉
What we need for about 30 cookies (depending on the size of your cookies):
- 225 g butter
- 175 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 300 g flour
- Baking tray
- Parshment paper
- Cookie cutters
- Plastic foil
- Mix together sugar and butter until all sugar is absorbed.
- Mix in the egg.
- Add the flour and mix until fully combined.
- Knead the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic foil. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on the counter before rolling out the dough.
- Roll out the dough. About 1 cm thick.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Line the baking trays with parshment paper.
- Cut out the cookies and place them on the baking trays.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
I always forget how easy it is to make cookies and how happy it makes people feel. Who wouldn’t want a cookie with its coffee or tea? Or maybe two or three 😉
I made one especially for my little doggy Max:
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: