I know the combination of apple and cinnamon does make us think of Autumn. But I don’t really care. I just love apples and cinnamon and I can eat it in any season I want. Right? 🙂 Or is it really not done to make these kind of recipes in Summer?
Anyway, the boyfriend absolutely loved these little cakes filled with love 😉 Now isn’t that the most important?
What we need for 6 heart shaped cakes:
- 130 g self-raising flour
- 150 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 apples
- extra sugar
- Heart shaped baking tins (Dr.Oetker)
- baking spray (Dr.Oetker)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Put the batter in the baking tins. Make sure not to overfill them.
- Peel and cut the apples. Place pieces of the apples on top of each little cake batter.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and extra sugar on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick or sharp knife after they’re done.
- Brush some honey on the cakes. (optional)
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: