We’ve had some awesome Summer like weather last week. The sun wasn’t always there but it sure was hot here in Belgium. Perfect for a light, fresh and fruity dessert: Mango Cheesecake!
You may want to set a slice aside for yourself because once you show this cheesecake to your guests, it will be gone in no time! Like no more then 5 minutes. For real.
This yummy Mango Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for a Summer’s day because it’s not too sweet and perfectly light and fresh. Hmmmm 😉
What we need:
- shortcrust pastry (I used the leftover dough from my Strawberry and Rice Pies)
- 350g cream cheese
- 200ml cream (to whip)
- 8 sheets of gelatine
- 100g sugar
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar (+- 8g)
- 2 mangoes
- 50ml water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- spring cake tin
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Roll out the dough with enough flour on your kitchen countertop.
- Place parshment paper on top of the dough and put baking pearls on top.
- Bake the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Soak 6 sheets of gelatine in cold water.
- Squeeze the water out.
- Heat a little bit of water (you can use the microwave) and put the squeezed gelatine in it. Stir until it’s fully absorbed. Not working? Try 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the gelatine to the cream cheese mixture. Make sure it is all mixed together.
- Whip up the cream.
- Blend the cream with the cream cheese mixture to one smooth mixture.
- Spread on top of the dough and set aside in the fridge.
- Puree the mangoes.
- Put the puree, 50 ml of water and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan to heat a little.
- Soak 2 sheets of gelatine in cold water.
- Squeeze the gelatine and add it to the puree mixture.
- Mix it all together.
- Poor the puree over the cheesecake and chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
I absolutely loved this Mango Cheesecake and I’ll definitely be making this again this Summer 🙂
Have a delicious day ❤
Follow me on: