I love strawberries. And I – obviously – love pie… So today’s recipe definitely is one of my favorite things: Strawberry Pie! Super easy and super loved by almost everyone 🙂
Looking for a dessert to please your crowd on a Friday or Sunday afternoon? This is your match!
What we need:
- 125 g flour
- 62,5 g soft butter
- 45 g powder sugar
- 15 g almond powder or a few drops of almond aroma
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1 bag of pastry cream from Dr.Oetker or homemade one if you are – unlike me – able to make a perfect pastry cream 😉
- Beat the soft butter in your mixer. Make sure to use the ‘K’ mixer.
- Add the powder sugar and blend well.
- Add the egg and mix it all together.
- Time for the almond powder or aroma.
- Add the flour to the dough. (!): add the flour bit by bit so it can take its time to get combined.
- Add salt.
- Take the dough out of the mixer and roll it into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and set for about half an hour in the fridge.
Take a break.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Butter the baking pan or use the baking spray from Dr.Oetker. Not to make any extra advertising but the stuff REALLY works!
- Roll out the dough and place it in your baking pan.
- Put a baking sheet on your crust and place baking pearls (is that a correct word?) on it.
- Blind bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Set your crust aside to cool.
- Add 400 ml milk to the pastry cream powder or follow a recipe to make your own. Here’s one from Martha Stewart.
- Set your pastry cream aside in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Stir your pastry cream until it becomes smooth.
- Fill your crust with the pastry cream.
- Cut the strawberries any way you like and decorate the whole pie.
- Share with friends and family!
Have a delicious day ❤
Follow me on: