Nothing says Christmas more than Christmas Cookies… I’m sorry but you can’t say you’ve celebrated Christmas if you haven’t had any cookies to go with it. You just can’t.
Sooooo I’ve made some yummy Jam Cookies! They can be used for several occasions because they aren’t Christmas exclusive as you can see but these star shaped cookies fit Christmas perfectly as well 🙂
What we need:
- 250 g butter
- 165 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g flour
- pinch of salt
- raspberry jam (or any kind of jam you like)
- cookie cutters in 2 sizes
- plastic foil
- baking plate
- baking paper
- Mix together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk.
- Sift the flour and add it together with the salt to the mixture.
- Mix until everything gets combined and it forms a real dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic foil and store for 30 – 60 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove the foil and roll out the dough.
- Cut out as much stars as you can.
- Cut out a smaller piece in half of the stars (these will be your top stars).
- Heat the oven at 190°C.
- Place the cookies on a sheet of baking paper on a baking plate and bake for 15 minutes at 190°C.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking plate for a bit until placing them on a rack to cool completely.
- Take your ‘full’ stars and put some jam on them.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the top stars (the ones with the holes).
- Place the top stars on top of the jam.
- Serve! 😀
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: