I love these cookies because they’re easy to make, delicious and you can keep them for about 2 weeks!
I think they are just perfect to serve with coffee. Or to eat if you feel like it 😉
First things first, what do we need?
– 200g butter
– 125g soft brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 350g pastry flour
– a pinch of salt
– cookie cutters
– rolling pin
– cling film
– baking paper
Okay, let’s get started. Don’t worry, you’ll see that this is piece of cake (or cookie 😉 )
I’ll use 1, 2, 3, … to tell you what you need to do first because I think that will make it easier for you to follow 🙂
1. We mix the butter, sugar and the egg untill we get a nice and smooth batter.
2. We add the flour and a pinch of salt.
3. We mix everything untill it begins to stick.
4. If you see the batter clinging together, we roll it to a ball of dough.
5. Wrap the ball of dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for one hour. In the meantime, you can do something you like 🙂 You can also preheat your oven. If you don’t want to do this, that’s fine.
6. We use our rolling pin to make our ball flat. You can choose how flat you want your cookies to be but make sure it’s not too flat because you should be able to get the unbaked cookies on your tray. If the cookies are too flat, they won’t come off so easily and they won’t hold their design while you carry them to the tray.
7. Bake the cookies in the oven on 170°C for about 15 minutes. If you don’t have 170°C, it’s okay, just use 180°C. If you didn’t preheat your oven, just add some minutes extra.
8. When the cookies are done, let them cool on a wire shelf.
9. If you want to, you can now decorate the cookies!
10. Let’s eat!
Enjoy your cookies and have a wonderfull and delicious day!