If you love chocolate, this might become your FAVORITE dessert! You won’t be able to live without it, you’ll dream about it, you’ll want it every day all day long. Even for breakfast… It’s the Devil’s Food Cake!
I never really knew why they called it like that. Oh boy, how stupid could I be. It is so delicious it becomes evil. I’m not kidding!
The recipe I used is from – who else could it be – Laura in the Kitchen. Did I meantion how easy this recipe is?
What do we need:
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 400 g sugar
- 240 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 ml milk
- 2 cups of coffee
- pinch of salt
- 320 ml cream
- 420 g dark chocolate
- 2 9 inch pans
First we make the frosting
- Heat the cream. Don’t let it boil.
- Chop the chocolate.
- Poor the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Stir the chocolate-cream mixture until it becomes a dark and rich ganache.
- Set aside for a couple of hours until it gets the right structure.
Now for the cake
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Put the milk and the coffee in the saucepan you used to heat the cream and heat it.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture.
- Put flour, cocoa powder and salt in one bowl and blend a bit.
- Put half of your dry ingredients in the mixer, together with half of your coffee-milk mixture.
- Mix until it’s combined.
- Put the other half of the dry ingredients and coffee-milk mixture in the mixer.
- mix until your batter is smooth. Don’t worry if the batter is very thin and liquid, that’s normal 🙂
- Divide the batter over 2 9 inch pans.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely.
Let’s build ourselves a cake!
- Put frosting on the bottom layer.
- Stack the 2nd cake on top.
- Frost the whole cake.
- EAT THE CAKE!
Here’s the video if you want to bake along with Laura
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: