My number one to go for treat at the bakery used to be Bread Pudding. My Dad always got us a piece and even my grandmom made sure there was some Bread Pudding when I came over. We just love it! I tried it myself once and it was pretty good. Not really like our bakery makes it, but it was good.
Guess what… it tastes great! Oh and that smell in your kitchen… For the smell alone you’d want to bake this :p
What we need:
- +- 260 g bread
- 180 ml milk
- 180 ml cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 large apples
- +- 60 g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I use the one from Dr.Oetker because it’s not too expensive and I like the bottle :p)
- Caramel sauce
- baking spray (I like to use the one from Dr.Oetker)
- baking tin
- Take a medium sized bowl and add the cream, milk and eggs.
- Beat until the egg yolk is gone.
- Cut the bread in squares and add it to the bowl.
- Use 2 spoons to toss until the bread is covered in the mixture.
- Set aside for at least 30 minues. Overnight if you prefer.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Cut your apples in squares and put it in a bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and vanilla and stir until the apples are entirely coated.
- Spray the baking tin.
- Add the apples to the bread mixture and blend it well together until the apples are somewhat evenly divided.
- Fill the baking tin and use a spoon to tap the mixture so it’s evenly spread and there are no more gaps.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Set aside to cool before serving.
- Drizzle some caramel sauce on top.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: