There are certain food combinations that always work. White chocolate and raspberries are no different! I love sweet raspberries but this cake actually needs the less sweet ones. They are the perfect counterparts for the sweet white chocolate. I know it’s true because my mom often says my desserts are too sweet and she didn’t say it this time 😉
This White Chocolate Raspberry Cake is moist and perfect for any kind of tea-time related event ;). If there were three dishes you could choose for a Summer buffet, you’d obviously choose ice cream and cheesecake. Well, let this cake be your third choice. So take out the fancy dishes and serve this queen to your family and friends ;p
What we need:
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 250 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 g butter
- 180 g fresh raspberries
- 100 g melted white chocolate
- 2 equal round cake pans
- raspberry jam
- 200 g white chocolate
- 200 ml cream
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Mix in the melted chocolate.
- Sift the flour over the batter and mix until everything is combined and smooth.
- Gently stir in the raspberries.
- Equally split the batter in the two cake pans.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick or a sharp knife to see if the cake is done. Set aside to cool. Set aside in the fridge if you need it to go faster. Because you have a party or something 😉
- Take one of the two cakes and put some raspberry jam on it. You can choose how thick you want the layer of jam to be. Just don’t overdo it.
- Heat the cream and poor it over the white chocolate. Let it set for a while.
- Poor the chocolate ganache over the cake.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: