December is right around the corner, the days are getting shorter and it’s impossible to go outside without your thickest jacket and a scarf. Don’t even think about how cold your feet get from walking outside for a minute…
My ultimate solution: Homemade Hot Chocolate! And these Homemade Chocolate Popsicles make it even better 😉
December also means Christmas and I believe these Chocolate Popsicles make the perfect drink for every cozy Christmas party! It may not look very Christmas-y but the feeling you get from drinking hot coco together sure is 🙂
What do we need:
- White Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Wooden spoons
- Piping bags
- Bowls to melt the chocolate in
- Plastic cups
- Melt your white, milk and dark chocolate in separate bowls. Do this by putting them in sessions of 30 seconds in the microwave and stir in between each session.
- Put the melted chocolate in piping bags. Use separate bags as well.
- Cut off the tip of the piping bags.
- Choose what kind of chocolate popsicles you want: all in one colour, 2 colours, 3 colours, …
- Pipe your chocolate in the cups the way you like.
- Put the spoons in the cups. Your spoons should be completely covered (not the handle)
- Add your toppings.
- Let the chocolate popsicles cool and harden.
- After the popsicles have completely hardened, pull them out the cups. It may take some serious pulling but I know you can pull it off 😉
- Dip them in warm milk!
I’ve tried something special: adding some salted caramel from Colac to the popsicle. It worked! But you have to make sure you add just a little because the next layer of chocolate has to connect to the one before the caramel. Otherwise the popsicle won’t hold together.
I think restaurants or little tea rooms could easily make this for the holidays or just during Winter, don’t you think so too? 😀
Have a delicious day and a warm Winter ❤
Find me on:
Source of inspiration: PS by Dila