I’ve got a real classic for you today: Vanilla Rice Pudding, or as we call it in Dutch, rijstpap. It is by far my grandpa’s favorite dessert. I came across this creamy recipe from Koken op Hakken and I knew I just had to make it. I bet my grandpa will be stoked when I bring him this yummy homemade Vanilla Rice Pudding!
What we need for 6 servings:
- A little bit of butter
- 125 g dessert rice
- 1 L whole milk
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 50 g caster sugar
- brown sugar
- 6 small pots
- 1 crock pot
- Melt the butter in the crock pot.
- Add the dessert rice and stir.
- Add the milk and stir regularly.
- Scrape down the vanilla bean to get the vanilla seeds and put both the seeds and the vanilla bean in the crock pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once your rice pudding is boiling, bring back to a medium low and stir regularly whilst your rice pudding is getting thicker.
- You’ll know when it’s thick enough.
- Put your crock pot aside, take out the vanilla bean and add the sugar.
- Leave the rice pudding to cool completely.
- Whip the cream and gently fold into the rice pudding.
- Find yourself a golden spoon and dig in!
This Vanilla Rice Pudding is so creamy you can’t get enough of it!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: