I know, you’re wondering why all of a sudden I post on Wednesday, right? Well, because today is my birthday! I thought it’d be more fun to post it on the actual day 🙂
I didn’t think I was going to go for a theme but it turned out I secretly chose “pretty in pink” for my birthday theme. Oh well, it’s not really a theme but my cupcakes were wearing pink wrappers and my pictures do involve pink tulips…
Pink actually is the perfect colour for my new age. At least, that’s what I think 🙂
How old it is I am now? 22! 😀 Admit it, 22 is the perfect age for a touch of pink 🙂
AAAAND Sarah’s Little Kitchen turned 2 last month! Can you believe it? That calls for a party 🙂
Besides being pretty in pink, I believe every girl wants to feel like a princess at some point in her life. My cupcakes did so too:
What do you think? 🙂
Later in this post I’ll share the recipe for these yummy cupcakes but they weren’t the only ones at the party. Oh no. Remember that awesome Devil’s Food Cake? She attended the party in her beautiful rose shaped gown 😉
She definitely was a crowd pleaser.
The Brownies couldn’t be left out so they came along too. I think I ALWAYS make them on festive occasions. Not only because they’re just soooo good but also because my family expects them to be there. They don’t even ask it anymore. They just expect it. And I try to live up to that expectation 😉 And my co-workers loved them too! Yay!
Hmmm now that I come to think of it… my Birthday baking theme seemed to be more like Death by Chocolate xD
Vanilla Nutella Cupcakes
What we need:
- 125 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- cupcake tin
- cupcake wrappers
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 150 g powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g Nutella
- pinch of salt
- piping bag
- 1M piping tip
- white chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Put the wrappers in the cupcake tin.
- Mix together sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs and mix until everything is combined.
- Add the flour and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the wrappers for 3/4th and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add the Nutella and the chocolate. Mix until the frosting is soft and smooth.
- Cupcakes ready? Let’s fill our piping bag with Nutella frosting and pipe them in beautiful roses!
- Melt the white chocolate to make our birthday crowns! Let them cool in the fridge (preferably for a couple of hours or over night) and put them on top of your cupcakes.
I hope you like them!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: