I hope today’s blogpost can somehow make you forget about the horror in Brussels yesterday. Even if it’s just for one second. I really hope you can still find love and happiness in the little things in life.
And I do hope you’ll find my Easter Chick Cupcakes slightly amusing because they didn’t quite turn out the way I had hoped they would be…
The boyfriend always says my frosting looks like a pile of poo. It would have been great if that had been the case this time but alas. Meet my Easter Chicks:
Oh well, you can still somewhat manage to see a chick in it AND I bet kids will still love them! In fact, I bet they can do it better xD
This is what they were supposed to look like:
What we need:
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 200 g sugar
- 125 g soft unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- Merengue frosting mix (I was a bit lazy)
- yellow food colouring
- Dark chocolate to make your chicks
I highly recommend you try the original frosting recipe because it’s waaaaaaay better to make these chicks. Find the original recipe here.
Don’t make these cupcakes too early before serving them because the frosting will drop…
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Mix sugar and butter until both combine.
- Add the eggs and bled well.
- Sift the flour and mix until your batter is smooth.
- Fill your cupcake wrappes for 3/4th.
- Bake for about 22 minutes.
Follow the nstructions on the mix or make the original recipe 😉
Let your creativity run free and make some Chicks!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: