I’ve been going on strong on the chocolate lately so I thought a little change wouldn’t hurt. Not that this yummy Lemon Blueberry Cake will get you to lose weight. But that’s not why you’re here, are you? 😉
This Lemon Blueberry Cake is moist and not too heavy. Unless you’d eat a really large piece, which I don’t recommend. That being said, lemon lovers will absolutely LOVE this one. It’s got that rich lemon flavor, balanced with blueberries and a sweeter frosting. It’s not too sweet and not too lemonlike. The perfect cake 🙂
I wasn’t kidding about that really large piece though. As I was making this cake, I didn’t exactly think about the size… Luckily for me I have neighbours who love eating my creations because I managed to get 16 (!) servings out of this cake. So I suggest you make this for a party xD Totally not judging if you want to eat the whole damn thing yourself by the way 😉
What we need:
- 460g butter, room temperature
- 500g granulated sugar
- 200g light brown sugar
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 700g sifted self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 480 ml buttermilk
- zest + juice of 4 medium lemons
- 400 g blueberries (I used fresh ones but you can also go for frozen ones)
- 1 tablespoon flour (doesn’t matter what kind)
- 2 cake pans, 26 cm diameter (or 4 if you have hem)
- Dr.Oetker baking spray (one of the best things I have in my kitchen)
- 225g cream cheese, room temperature
- 115g butter, room temperature
- 420g confectioners’ sugar
- 30ml heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease your cake pans with Dr.Oetker nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Beat the butter on high until creamy.
- Add both sugars and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until everything is completely combined.
- In a large sized bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 5 seconds, then add the milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Remove from the mixer and stir lightly until everything is just combined.
- Toss the blueberries in 1 Tablespoon of flour and fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into 2 cake pans.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Repeat the baking for the remaining 2 cake pans.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until no lumps remain.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 Tablespoon cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Mix until the mixture becomes creamy.
- If you want to cover your cake completely, you need to double this recipe.
Original recipe by Sally’s Baking Addiction
I hope you guys liked this Lemon Blueberry Cake 😀 Let me know how yours turned out by tagging me in your pictures.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: