Am I going too far with the Brownie love? Maybe. Do I regret it? Nope.
I promise some totally different recipes on the blog soon. Wouldn’t want to bore or scare away the anti-chocolate people. If you guys would exist. But seriously, let me know if you hate chocolate. That way I can adapt my recipes to your needs and come closer to my goal of world satisfaction 😉 Oh wait, am I supposed to say world peace now?
Anyways, chocolate it is. But not just any kind of chocolate. Trying different things with my classic (and super delicious) Brownie recipe, I came across a Coconut version! It is such a good combo! My family and colleagues can agree on this one 🙂
These Coconut Brownies have that oey-goey Brownie combined with the exotic taste of coconut. Yumm! Some said it tasted a bit like Bounty, others made a link with coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate. Which is pretty similar I guess. What’s more important is the foolproof factor of this recipe. I really don’t think you can do anything wrong with it. It also doesn’t take that much time to prepare. Although it has to bake for about hour…
What we need (+- pieces):
- 250 g butter
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 250 g dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 80 g self-raising flour
- 250 g coconut shavings
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar
Things we need
- squared baking pan
- parshment paper
- Put the butter and the chocolate in a bowl and melt it using the microwave (sessions of 30 seconds)
- Mix together sugar and eggs
- Add the melted butter-chocolate mixture
- Sift the flour and mix it all together
- Put a piece of parshment paper in the baking tin and fill with brownie batter
- Mix all ingredients together
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Put the coconut batter on the brownie batter
- Use a knife to make lines as if you were making a marble cake. This will get the coconut both on top as inside the brownie
- Bake for about 1 hour
- Check with a sharp knife. It should cone out clean.
- Leave it to cool for a bit before taking it out to cool on a rack
- The brownie can be a bit too fudgy when you cut it but it will get better if you leave it for a few hours.
Enjoy this Coconut Brownie!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: