Yesterday was my birthday. AND last month was my blog’s 1st anniversary!
I knew I had to do at least something for the two together but time just wasn’t my friend…
But then came Jhuls!
She was my saving angel! Sweet and happy to help as always!
She wanted to write me a guest post and I loved it so much I decided to make this my birthday post!
Jhuls brings us this delicious Nutella Soufflé from our mutual idol Laura in the Kitchen.
It has got to be good! I mean look at it!
This is by far the best dessert I could wish for on my birthday!
It doens’t always have to be cake or pie, right? 😀
Thank you so so much for this incredible dessert Jhuls! Love you ❤
Now it’s time to let her do the talking.
I’ve known Sarah thru the blogging over a year now. She’s like a little sister to me.
Sarah is a sweet little girl who is ready to lend a helping hand whenever she can. She voluntarily helped me find new bloggers to add them up to my Introducing ‘New’ bloggers series. One day I woke up with my email full of new beautiful bloggers. How sweet! ❤
She is also one of the bloggers who volunteered to do a guest post for me when I needed some time away from blogging. Now that she’s the one needing guest bloggers, I could not pass the opportunity to be at her blog. Sarah said it can be an old recipe that was not given that much of attention, but I want to make something especially for the guest post. I know, I am sweet, too. 😀
The problem was I didn’t know what to make for her. See, there are many sweets recipes everywhere – from cupcakes to cakes, blondies to brownies, muffins to bars. It’s not difficult at all, but how to choose from those all divine recipes??
Aha! I thought about common things that Sarah and I share. We both love calories. Okay, already knew that. I just needed to remind myself some more.
What else do we have in common?
Aha! Laura Vitale.
I got to visit Sarah’s blog because I found out that she likes Laura Vitale.
Checking recipes from Laura Vitale…
Oh, there are so many.
Find some more common stuff we share…
Aha! Nutella. 😀
It’s been a long while since I wanted to make Laura’s Nutella Soufflé, but I just couldn’t get my hands on it. I didn’t even know why.
But I think that was good since I got the chance to make it for Sarah.
I will not keep you wait any longer. Here’s the recipe for Nutella Soufflé:
Nutella Soufflé Recipe
- 2 eggs, Separated
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray two 6 oz ramekins with non-stick spray, dust each ramekin with some cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale.
- Melt Nutella for 30 seconds in the microwave to loosen the spread a bit. Add the Nutella and mix until you have a smooth creamy mixture.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites. Add the remaining egg whites, fold gently.
- Divide the mixture between the two ramekins and bake them for 15 to 17 minutes or until they have puffed up but still have a little giggle in the center.
- Serve immediately. Dust with cocoa powder, if desired. Best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Laura Vitale said the dusting of cocoa powder after spraying the ramekins with non-stick spray helps the soufflé not to deflate too soon.
- It is a must to pop your Nutella into the microwave so it makes it easier to mix it with the sugar & egg yolk.
That’s all folks. 😀 I hope you like the dessert I have brought for you.
I LOVED it!
I hope you guys did too 🙂
You can find her delicious recipes on her blog and you can follow her on:
Thanks again for your amazing dish Jhuls! ❤
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: