Pumpkin season is here! I love seeing all these pictures on Instagram of people going to pick pumpkins in fields, taking pictures with the family and all that. I wish we had that here too but I don’t think we have any pumpkin fields around here.
I got inspired by The Flour Girl to make some cute pumpkin cupcakes this year. So here we go 😁
What do we need (12 cupcakes):
- 195 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 120 g butter
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 180 g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 100 g pumpkin puree (boil 160 g of pumpkin and then mash it.)
- cupcake liners
- cupcake baking tin
- ice cream spoon
What do we need for the frosting:
- 200 ml cream (>40% fat)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 65 g confectioner’s sugar
- piping bag
- a 1M nozzle
- Orange foodcoloring
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Boil the pumpkin. Mash it.
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and the sugar (2) together.
- Add the eggs, on at a time, while the mixer is still running.
- Add the dry ingredients and the milk. Mix it all together until the batter is smooth.
- Poor in the pumpkin puree.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Check wit a toothpeck. If it comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready!
Let’s make the frosting:
- Put everything in the mixer and whip at high speed until firm
- Add a little orange food coloring
- Fill a piping bag with a 1M nozzle
- Pipe the frosting in a pumpkin shape and add some sprinkles just for fun 😊
Do you like pumpkins?
Have a delicious day ❤️