The heat is officially gone. As is my craving for ice cream. Don’t get me wrong, I could even eat ice cream in the middle of winter. And have some hot tea after it to warm me up again. No joke.
But these colder days are making me crave something cosy. And what’s more cosy than a good chocolate cake. Be warned tho: this chocolate monster isn’t for the faint of
I also went for my very first attempt at a drip cake. My ganache was a bit thick I guess but it does give this cake a somewhat rustic feel. Any tips for the perfect drip technique? Please feel free to share them with me!
What we need:
- big handfull of frozen raspberries
- tbsp caster sugar
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 200 g dark chocolate
Some fresh raspberries to decorate
piping bags + 1 round nozzle + 1 2M nozzle (or any other kind you like for fancy swirls)
- Put the raspberries together with the sugar in a saucepan and heat it
- Make sure no raspberry lumps are left behind
- Sift the rapsberry sauce so most of the pits are taken out
- Chop the chocolate in small pieces
- Bring the cream just to a boil
- Poor the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute
- Whisk gently until all chocolate is melted and blended with the cream
The longer you leave the ganache, the firmer it gets
Assembling the cake:
Make sure the cake is completely cooled before assembling.
- Cut the cake in 2 layers, 3 if possible (depending on the size of your cake).
- Fill a piping bag with a round nozzle and the Nutella buttercream.
- Put your 1st cake layer on a cake board or a cake platter. Use the top layer for this one and put it upside down so the flat side is facing upwards.
- Pipe 1 circle of buttercream at the edge of the cake.
- Use a spoon to fill the middle with some ganache. Don’t make this too thick.
- Using a spoon again, add the raspberry sauce on top of the ganache.
- Place the next layer and repeat.
- Place the top layer which idealy is the bottom layer of your cake. Place it so that the bottom is on top so you get a nice even top.
- Cover the whole cake in Nutella buttercream.
- Make a drip using the chocolate ganache.
- Pipe some swirls on top of the cake with the buttercream.
- Add fresh raspberries on top to finish off.
Have a delicious day ❤