Are you feeling the heat… It’s super hot here these days and it will propably last for antoher few days too. Which is exactly why you’ll need this refreshing syrup to fancy up your Gin & Tonics!
I don’t think I’ve ever told you but me and my hubby have a small collection of Gin. I think we have about 27 different bottles at the moment. We even bought a new rack to display ’em and I must say it’s already full… So if we ever extend our collection, we’re gonna need a new space. Or a bigger rack.
And before you say it: no, we’re not drunks. I know most real drunks deny that as well but we really aren’t. My mom asked me the other day why we even have so many gins if we don’t really drink that much… Why can’t we just collect good gins and have a nice Gin & Tonic every once in a while? Anyway, our friends who also love Gin & Tonic sure don’t mind our little collection 😉
Feeling like having yourself a fancy Gin & Tonic? Look no further! This G&T syrup is made of Cucumber & mint tea from Whittard (n° 54) and requires just a few ingredients.
What we need for +- 2:
- 1 tsp cucumber & mint tea
- 100 ml hot water ( +- 90°c)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Infuse the water with tea for about 10 minutes
- Add the sugar and stir until everything is dissolved
- Let it cool completely before using (who would add something hot to a cold Gin & Tonic anyway)
- Make your favorite Gin & Tonic and add some syrup to fancy it up! You can decorate this G&T with some cucumber peels.
Note: I usually go for a more standard/classic gin and tonic to make sure the taste of the syrup really comes forward. Since the syrup tastes like mint & cucumber, you better not pick a strong flavored tonic such as a strawberry kind. Same goes for the gin.
If you have any other syrup recipes, let me know! I love trying new things.
Have a delicious day