Forget what I said last week… Get ready for some serious calorie bombing! For real!
If you know you can’t resist these fabulous Brookies, feel free to leave now. NOW! I don’t want to be responsible for the failure of your diet. I really don’t. I admire you. Keep up the good work!
If you are like me and believe cheating (with meals, not on boyfriends or girlfriends) is best done 100%, please stay here 😀 You’re about to discover the next best thing!
What is a Brookie? It is the perfect marriage between fudgy Brownies and yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Heaven.
What we need:
- 75 g soft unsalted butter
- 115 g light brown sugar
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 145 g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g chocolate chips
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 80 g flour
- square baking tin
- parchment paper
- Put all your ingredients except for the chocolate chips in the mixer and mix until a dough starts to form
- Add the chocolate chips and give it a good mix
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roll small and slightly bigger balls of dough and place them on the parchment paper
- Put them for at least 2 hours in the fridge
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Melt together chocolate and butter
- Mix together eggs and sugar
- Add the melted chocolate-butter
- Add the flour and mix until combined
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper and fill with brownie batter
- Take out the frozen cookie dough balls and push them in the brownie batter
- Bake for about 45 minutes
- Use a sharp knife or cake tester to see if the Brookie is done (stick it in the Brownie part)
- Slice & share!
By freezing the cookie dough, it’ll stay a little underbaked when the Brookie is done. This will give it that perfect texture to go with the fudgy Brownie.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: