Many of you have been watching GBBO. It has been in The Netherlands for 5 years now (Heel Holland Bakt) and Belgium has finally joined the hype with Bake-Off Vlaanderen. I have seen many yummy recipes I’d like to try sometimes but 1 couldn’t be postponed: Sprits Cookies! It is one of my favorite cookies and Heel Holland Bakt had them in one of their episodes this year. No more excuses to not be baking them 😉
What we need (15 – 20 Sprits Cookies):
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 250 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 g light brown sugar (kindjessuiker for the Dutch speaking people)
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- baking tray
- 3 pieces of parshment paper, +- 5 cm in width
- piping bag
- star shaped piping tip
- baking spray (I use Dr.Oetker)
- extra flour
- sharp knife
- Preheat the oven at 180° C
- Rub both sugar and butter on the counter until very smooth. The mixture should become lighter in colour as you rub it. The sugar should be fully absorbed.
- Add the egg to your mixture. Be careful, it may try to run away…
- Rub the mixture again, use a spatula to keep it all together and off the counter.
- Add the flour, salt and vanilla and keep rubbing until the batter becomes real smooth.
- Put the piping tip in the piping bag and fill with batter.
- Spray the baking tray and place the parshment papers with a little space between each one on the tray.
- Sprinkle flour over the baking tray.
- Remove the parshment paper.
- Pipe your Sprits Cookies in 1 time on the clear line you created by removing the parshment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Cut the cookies in the prefered size with a sharp knife
- Let the Spritz Cookies cool
- Melt chocolate
- Dip the Cookies in it and set aside
Loving these Sprits Cookies? Let me know!
Original recipe from It’s a Piece of Cake.
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: