I’m sharing another Tiramisu recipe today. In Cupcake costume! How cool is that?! 😉
My ultimate example when it comes to Cupcakes is Cupcake Jemma from Crumbs & Doilies, UK. I love watching her YouTube video’s and I’m dying to visit the shop whenever I get back to London some day. Hopefully next year.
So I’m guessing you guys can already figure out whose original recipe this is 😉
Tiramisu Cupcakes. It’s a Cupcake, with a Tiramisu flavor. It really is as simple as that. The Cupcake has a slight espresso flavor (very subtle) and a yummy espresso filling. That piece of heaven is topped with a smooth mascarpone buttercreme and sprinkled with cocoa powder. Drooling yet?
What we need for 12 Tiramisu Cupcakes:
- 250 g soft, unsalted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp espresso
- 80 ml cream
- 40 g mascarpone
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp espresso
- 75 g soft, unsalted butter
- 120 g mascarpone
- +- 200 g powdered sugar (the original recipe requires 420 g but it was already sweet enough for me. I do think the buttercreme becomes a bit stiffer with the extra powder sugar but you can add some whipped cream to the buttercreme as well)
- 2 piping bags
- 1 medium or large piping tip
- apple bore
- cupcake wrappers
- baking sheets
- cupcake tin
- handmixer or robot (My Kenwood did almost all of the work for me)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Mix together butter and sugar
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth
- Sift the flour and mix it all together
- Line the cupcake tins with cupcake wrappers and put them on baking sheets (the baking sheets are optional)
- Fill the cupcake wrappers for 3/4th with batter
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- Gently press your finger on top of the cupcake. If it bounces back to its original shape, it’s done. If not, put it back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk it all together.
- Keep whisking until the runny filling becomes a thicker mixture. You should end up with a real creamy filling.
- Fill 1 piping bag
- Put together butter and mascarpone and mix until combined. It’s okay if the liquid from the mascarpone comes out. It’ll get back together with the sugar.
- Add half of the powdered sugar
- Add the other half once the buttercreme is smooth
- Scrape down the sides with your spatula and give it a last mix
- Cut off the tip of the piping bag and place the tip in it
- Fill the piping bag. It’s important not to fill it to the edge because that way the buttercreme will come out on both sides. which is not what we want 😉
Assembly of the Tiramisu Cupcakes!
- Take the completely cooled cupcakes
- Make a small hole in the middle using the apple bore
- Pipe the filling in the hole
- Pipe the buttercreme on top of your cupcakes
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder
Writing this blogpost makes me crave these Tiramisu Cupcakes again! And I’ve only had them like two days ago… *drool drool*
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: