It’s Taco Tuesday today at Sarah’s Little Kitchen. Olé!
Why I’m into Taco’s all of a sudden? Keep on reading 😉
A while ago, I went to a lovely event from Unilever & Oona. They had different workshops set for us and a very inspirational speech from Trend Forecaster Kate Stockman. One of the brands present there was Solo. I usually use Solo in Solo patisserie but this evening was all about the liquid baking butter from the brand. Bart from Roeckie’s World did his thing and served some yummy Taco madness!
I believe Solo is a well-known brand in every household. I think we’ve had all different types of Solo butter in our kitchen. The one I use most is – obviously – Solo patisserie. Designed for baking 😉 But I also like the liquid one! It’s a bit more practical than the regular one since you don’t have to cut pieces of butter. You just open the bottle, poor out the amount you need and close it again. That’s it. It may be ridiculous for me to tell you this but I just wanted to let you know ^^
Okay, so Solo we know. Do you know Roeckie’s World? I’m so lucky to have met Bart a while ago and gotten to know him a bit better. I’m glad I did because he’s such a sweet and talented man. He makes everything with such passion and love. He’s always happy and it’s therefore a real pleasure bumping into him on events. Please go visit his blog because he makes so many delicious things. Both sweet and savoury.
Where was I? Oh right, Taco Tuesday! Solo teamed up with Bart to make us some yummy Taco’s, perfect for Summer. You ready for a little Fiesta? Here we go!
What we need (4 servings):
- Liquid Solo butter
- 400 g minced beef
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 toes of garlic
- Herbs: pepper, salt, chili and oregano
- 1 mango
- 2 spring onions (is that correct?)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 chili pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- Greek yoghurt
- Fresh cilantro
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Soft shell taco’s
- Iceberg lettuce
- Slices of lime
- Fruit the onion, pepper and garlic in the butter.
- Let it be for a little while and add the meat.
- Wait for the meat to be done.
- Add the tomatoes and the herbs.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the mango and mix with the other salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Put both the salsa and the filling in the fridge for a couple of hours so the flavours can come out.
- Cut the cilantro for the dip and mix in the yoghurt.
- Add salt and pepper and you’re done!
- Fill the taco’s with the filling, salsa and finish with some lettuce and lime slices!
- You didn’t forget to invite your friends, right? 😉
Do you like Taco’s? After his event, my next party at home involved – you guessed it – taco’s!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: