It’s FRI-DAAAAY! I’m always happy when Friday presents itself but especially this one. Becaaauuusseeee I have a fantastic dessert to share with you! That’s why 😀
I’ve been wanting to make a Pavlova for quite a while now but I never really had the guts to get myself to it. Now I know you don’t need guts. At all. This Pavlova recipe is easy and delicious. My favorite combo. Oh and it looks absolutely amazing, don’t you think.
Who convinced me Pavlova’s aren’t scary? Donal Skehan. Don’t know him? Go to his YouTube channel – after you’ve read this post of course ;-). Donal makes lots of yummy recipes and his videos are very entertaining to watch. Cupcake Jemma – you know I love her – has also shown me that Pavlova’s are loving desserts if you give them your love as well. She has given me a great idea for our National Holiday but that’s for next week.
Now, lets focus on this beauty. I’m actually quite proud I pulled it off. I often see stunning pictures of even more stunning desserts and I just can’t live up to it. With this one, I feel as if I’ve finally made something truly pretty. The perfect treat for a Summer party ^^ And the best part is that it’s so easy to make! Let’s find out.
What we need for 1 Layered Pavlova (serves 8 people):
- 250 g icing sugar
- 4 egg whites – you can keep the egg yolks for other recipes
- 2 tsps of cornflour
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 2 bags of PureVia to sweeten the cream a bit
- +- 150 g of strawberries
- +- 100 g of raspberries
- 2 baking sheets
- 2 pieces of parshment paper
- Preheat the oven at 150°C.
- Add the icing sugar to the egg whites and whip for about 10 – 12 minutes on high speed. You can stop mixing when soft, glossy peaks form.
- Add the cornflour and vinegar and blend in gently using a spatula.
- Divide the Pavlova evenly over the two baking sheets. Make sure it becomes a circle.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the Pavlova’s cool down completely before building our Summer Berry Layered Pavlova.
- Add the PureVia (it’s a sweetener. You don’t need actual sugar and this makes the cream a bit sweeter but not too sweet) to the cream and whip it up. Don’t overdo it, you don’t want to whip it up too far.
- Spread part of the whipped cream on the first Pavlova layer.
- Place the other one on top and put some more cream on it.
- Top off with some yummy strawberries and raspberries.
There you go! I know you will enjoy this ^^ Not such a berries fan? Don’t worry, there are tons of varieties on Pavlova. I’ll have to make a different one anyway if I want to bring this to my moms party because she is allergic to strawberries… Maybe passion fruit will do 😉
I hope you guys are as in love with this Pavlova as I am. I’m bringing it to my favorite party: Fiesta Friday!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: