I’ve always been a fan of Apple Cake. Even the storebought ones my grandma used to present us at parties. I guess I just love the simplicity of the cake and that moist texture, thanks to the apples. Apple cake, apple cake with speculoos, … I’ve made many varieties on this family classic. Because that’s what I believe it is. A family classic. I don’t think I know one family who never made apple cake.
Sometimes, the classics need to be changed. Just a little. So instead of apples, I used pears. The recipe is the same, only the fruit changes. Super easy and still super delicious 🙂
What we need for our pear cake:
- 200g butter
- 200g sugar
- 1 bag vanilla sugar (= +- 8g)
- 4 eggs
- 200g self-raising four
- a pinch of salt
- 3 pears
- cake tin
- Dr.Oetker baking spray
- Preheat the oven at 160°C.
- Grease the cake tin with the Dr.Oetker baking spray.
- Mix the butter, the sugar and the vanilla sugar together until the sugar is completely absorbed.
- Split the eggs.
- Mix the egg yolks together with the butter-sugar mixture.
- Add the flour and the pinch of salt and mix it all together.
- Whip up the egg whites and carefully add it to the batter.
- Put the batter in the baking tin.
- Skin the pears and remove the core. Cut the pears and put them in the cake.
- Bake the cake for about 45 minutes.
- Check the cake with a sharp knife. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is done
I hope you guys enjoy this delicious Pear Cake as much as me and my family did!
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: