Earlier this week, Dr.Oetker hosted another wonderful event with a cooking demo by pastry chef Sven Coryn and a bake-off between bloggers. The theme? Family recipes. So I brought my Dad 🙂 Together, we made some yummy little Apple Cakes with real star quality 😉
Although I always have fun at events, this was the most fun event in the whole year for me. It was pure happiness. Father-daughter quality-time 😉 That’s also exactly what Dr.Oetker stands for: baking with family. I think their last event truly honored that moment. I hope they’ll host events like this more often and if they do, I’ll definitely bring my Dad! I’ve had so much fun I almost pied my pants xD Sorry for oversharing here… Dr.Oetker had a photobooth at their event. Daddy and I of course had to make a picture. This is the result:
What do we need for our little apple cakes (+- 12):
- 200 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 1/2 bag baking powder
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 2 large apples
- baking tin with small rounds
- baking spray
- dark brown sugar
- sharp knife
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Mix together butter, vanilla sugar and caster sugar.
- Split the eggs and add the yolk.
- Add the flour and the baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Whip the egg whites and add in 2 times to the batter.
- Skin the apples. Cut 1 into small pieces and the other into slices to make our stars.
- Grease the baking tin with the baking spray.
- Put a little bit of the batter in the baking tin.
- Stuff with apples.
- Put batter on top of the apple pieces to hide the apples. The baking tins should be filled for +- 3/4th.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Bake for about another 5 – 10 minutes at 160 °C.
- Cut stars out of the apple slices.
- Bake in a pan and sprinkle some dark brown sugar on them to caramelize the apples.
- Put the stars on top of your little cakes.
See, I told you they were star quality 😉 All thanks to this great chef:
All of our dishes were profesionally photographed. It was pretty cool to see our own apple cakes standing there, being shot like models 🙂
Have a delicious day ❤
Find me on: