September means “Back To School”. The little ones are probably already looking forward to Christmas and the oldest ones may haven’t yet begun their new school year. But one thing is for sure: everyone is getting busy again. Including mom and dad. Planning after school activities, who’s going to bring them to school? Who picks them up? Are the grandparents available? Can Little Joe bring his friend over after school? …
If you are a parent, these things probably sound familiar. As a kid, you will too, but you don’t worry so much. Only if the answer to your question is “no”. Oh and we haven’t even discussed the usual 4 O’Clock! “Mom! Dad! Can I have a cookie?” And if you don’t do 4 O’Clock (why wouldn’t you?) then there’s probably a dessert after dinner? But Mom has been so busy with work and the planning of the activities that she doesn’t want to bake a cake or cookies. Dad is tired from work as well and he has to go walk the dog. No, Grandma can’t make her favorite grandchildren yummy cookies because Monday is Bingo night. And yes, that does require some preparation.
So what do you do? You call Dr.Oetker 😉
Why? Because Dr.Oetker makes Back To School easy. The Cheesecake I’m sharing with you today is super easy, perfectly adaptable to your taste and so good! My favorite? Speculoos!
What we need:
- 1 Dr.Oetker Cheesecake mix
- 25 g butter
- 500 g mascarpone
- 150 ml cream
- +- 6 speculoos cookies
Easy Fact: The package contains a cardboard baking tin which works perfectly.
- Preheat the oven at 140°C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Take the silver bag for the bottom of the cake and add it to the butter.
- Stir until it becomes a crumbly dough.
- Build the baking tin (follow the directions on it).
- Put the crumbly dough on the bottom and gently spread and push with a spoon.
- Take a bowl and add the cheesecake mixture to it.
- Add the mascarpone and the cream.
- Mix it until fully combined and put it on top of the bottom of the cheesecake.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake cool a bit before removing it from the baking tin.
- Use a sharp knife or pallet knife to go around the edges to get the cheesecake out.
- Crush some speculoos cookies and sprinkle on top.
Have a delicious day ❤