I hope you all enjoyed last weekend. Did you have a brunch on Sunday? I personally LOVE brunches! It makes me happy 🙂 Well, eating in general does but brunches are so much fun!
The best part about brunches is the fact that you can eat sweet for breakfast! I know lots of people eat pancakes or waffles for breakfast but that’s not really a thing in Belgium. But on brunches, we do! 😀 Sooooo if I brunch, I take it all xD
Today I’ve brought a classic brunch dish for you guys: Baked Banana & Cinnamon French Toast!
I’ve used some American sandwiches from Harrys because it keeps its shape much better than bread and it is a bit more solid. Plus, all toasts will be the same size!
What we need for 4 persons (=+- 8 french toasts):
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl cream
- 1 dl milk
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- American sandwiches/toast
- 2 bananas
- some candy sugar
- Put the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix it well together.
- Melt some butter in a pan.
- Dip the sandwiches in the mixture and bake them. It doesn’t need to bake for a long time because you don’t want it to burn 😉
- Clean the pan with some paper towel and melt some butter again.
- Cut the bananas and bake them in the pan.
- Sprinkle some candy sugar on the bananas to caramelize them.
- Put the bananas on the French Toast.
- Sprinkle some additional candy sugar on the French Toasts. (optional)
Recipe from Jeroen Meus.
Have a delicious day ❤
Follow me on: